In recent updates, YouTube app, has enable the Nepali user to watch the video in offline. I was eagerly waiting for this feature to be available.
Basically, with this feature, you will be able to watch your favorite videos without needing an internet connection. For that, you just need to follow the important steps:
Points to be remember:
- If this feature is not available in your smartphone, then don’t forget to update your YouTube app
- YouTube has different file format i.e .EXO, which can only be played by the YouTube android app
- YouTube app, has inbuilt special encryption and decryption technology, which don’t let you to send the downloaded videos to your friends smartphone or to your PCs. For instance; when you download a video, then it’s encrypted automatically whereas decrypted in real time when you decide to play
- When you tap on download button your favorites videos are downloaded in different chunks or parts with the aim to occupy fewer space than the original video
- Your downloaded videos will vanish if you don’t refresh your profile or connect to the internet for 48 hours. In other words, if you keep connecting to the internet from time-to-time then it automatically refresh your profile
- If you decide to send the video via Bluetooth, then instead of sending full video, it will send the web link.
So, what are you waiting, download or update the YouTube android app and enjoy it’s offline features. CHEERS!