With an objective to provide pool of relevant information about basic building techniques for earthquake-resistant houses. US Embassy Youth Council launches ‘Econstruction App’ with a presence of Mr. Dinesh Kumar Thapaliya, Secretary at the Ministry of Information & Communications and spokesperson of US Embassy Nepal.
Features of Econstruction App:
- Calculator: Estimate the total quantity of cement, sand, aggregate, iron and other materials required for construction by simply providing length and breadth of your planned house
- Offline: Once you download an app, you don’t need to have internet connection to access the content
- Risk Management Techniques: Techniques to prepare or manage for risk such as; Thunder, Strong Winds, Flood, Earthquake and Landslide are incorporated in an app
- Standby Technical Members to solve your queries and feedback
- All Materials are available both in English and Nepali medium
- All Techniques are in accordance with the Building Code of Nepal
Five council members; Mr. Pragyan Bhattarai (Technical and Content Coordinator), Mr. Saroj Paudel (Media Coordinator), Mr. Subash Sapkota (IT Consultant), Jayanti Mala Chapagain (IT Coordinator) and Mr. Saujan Gyawali (Marketing Coordinator) were actively enrolled in this app project.
Practicing Engineer, Students and Prospective users can find this app very useful. If you have been using this app then don’t forget to leave us your feedback. CHEERS!
For android users, you can download an app from Google Play Store and for ios users, it’s in under-construction phase.
Featured Image Source: US Embassy Nepal