KU Idea Hunt 2016, is basically an idea competition, which is being organized by KUSOM – Idea Studio and Kathmandu University Business Incubation Centre (KUBIC) with an importance to promoting innovative thinking and entrepreneurship culture among students of Kathmandu University (KU). It also aims to identify innovative business ideas that have potential to get launched as a Start-Up Business.
KU Idea Hunt 2016 consists of three stages which are:
Stage 1 (April 14th, 2016):
Announcement notice for submission of innovative business ideas: Clear guidelines for idea submission shall be provided along with the last date for submission.
- Last date for business idea submission is May 5th, 2016
- Any interested teams or individual candidates from Kathmandu University and affiliate colleges (i.e. NCM, LACM, etc) can submit their idea
- Maximum 20 ideas shall be selected for next stage.
- Idea selection committee shall consist five members : two experts from industry and three from University
- Students will have to come up with innovative ideas to solve social or business related problems. The ideas can be from any sector/industry.
Stage 2 (May 8th, 2016):
Evaluation Stage: Out of all the submitted ideas 20 ideas will be shortlisted selected and provided with the workshop for idea pitching.
- Result shall be published on May 8th, 2016
- One day workshop on Idea Pitching on May 12th, 2016
Stage 3(May 20th, 2016):
Idea Pitching, Evaluation and Award distribution:
- An event shall be conducted
- Shortlisted teams will pitch their business ideas
- Business leaders, entrepreneurs, academicians will be invited
- A team of evaluators shall be assigned for final evaluation
- Award shall be provided to the top 5 best ideas. Certificate for all the shortlisted ideas
Top 5 ideas will be incubated in KUSOM Idea Studio to help launch their Start Ups. Regular Start Up consultations & mentoring during the business incubation period for 1 year will be provided to the teams. A seed fund of NRS 20,000 will be provided to the top 5 team to launch their venture.
If you have promising idea that can solve problem currently prevailing in our society, then join a year long incubation program which will provide you with guidance necessary to start and run a successful venture. It’s time to turn your ideas into reality.
To submit your ideas CLICK HERE!
Note: Your business idea will be shared only with the selection committee. The competition is for students of all schools and facilitated colleges of Kathmandu University (including alumni).